Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be difficult to detect because of how slowly hearing loss usually progresses. Unlike children, who get regular hearing tests in school, adults hardly ever even consider scheduling an appointment. So why should your hearing be any less critical than your vision?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing tested on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Everyday situations can reveal potential hearing problems. Ask yourself these questions: Do I constantly ask people what they said? Do I need to turn up the TV volume? Do noisy environments make interactions challenging? If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, it’s time for a hearing examination.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association suggests hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years thereafter.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more worthwhile to call us for an appointment if hearing loss runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will supply a frame of reference for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Issues, like earwax accumulation, or noise-related hearing loss, can be detected early on by routine hearing tests, avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical conditions, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can in some cases be revealed by hearing loss. If you do have one of these disorders, managing it may help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of neglected hearing loss. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and general quality of life, permitting you to fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing examination with us right away to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.